Sponsored by New VA Tractor
Friday, July 20th, 6:30 p.m.
Registration 5:30 p.m.
Entry Fee $10 per hook
Stock Lawn/Garden Tractors
Get your tractors ready to compete in our annual lawn mower tractor pull. Tough competition and lots of fun awaits you.
information call Doug Smith 540-270-8600.
1. Weight Classes-750 lbs, 900 lbs, 1050
lbs, 1250 lbs, 1500 lbs
Lawn/Garden Tractors not meeting the following requirements as deemed by the rules committee will pull
in the exhibition category or altered class.
3. All tractors should be of the
Lawn/Garden tractor variety with stock engines maximum of 2
cylinders and 2WD.
No high performance alterations to engine or other parts of tractor. Stock or "off the
shelf", unaltered, original replacement
parts for camshaft, piston, valves, rod,
carburetor, crank shaft, cylinder head, governor, ignition
system, gear reduction, drive pulleys transmission, rear differential,
Engine and tractor must maintain stock appearance and utilize stock sheet metal.
6. All factory shielding or equivalent
must be in place.
7. Chassis may not be lengthened or
altered to accept non-original engine.
Must maintain original wheelbase.
8. Tractor may pull only one time per class.
9. Pump gas, diesel fuels only. No alcohol-no nitrous oxide-no pressurized fuel tanks.
10. No "cut" tires, radial
tires, duels, chains, or studs or 4WD allowed.
11. Must have operating brakes.
12. Weights: front and rear weights must
be mounted to the wheels: front and side frame weights must be
mounted and secured. No suitcase weights.
13. Tractor draw bar point of hook
(clevis must be no higher than 13" to the ground. Hitch must be
ridged in all directions (Hooking ring ok-1 ½” hole)
Any part falling off the tractor after being hooked and until the tractor is unhooked will result in
15. The tractor must remain within the
defined "in bounds" track area during the pull.
16. No "full throttle" starts
or jerking sled. First offense-restart. Second offense-disqualification.
17. Immediately after pulling, all
tractors may be required to go through technical inspections again.
18. Driver must exhibit the ability to
control the tractor at all times. This includes during
technical inspections, before pull, backing up to sled and after pulling.
19. Drivers must stay on the seat of the
tractor at all times. Hands must be on the steering wheel, hand
brakes, hand clutch or throttle at times during the pull.
20. No alcohol or intoxication allowed.
21. Any questionable modification
or alterations will be reviewed by the rules committee to establish
22. All rules will be interpreted
by the Garden Tractor Rules Committee. Any unforeseen problems
or oversights will be ruled on by
the rules committee with their rulings
23. Track and safety officials have the
authority to enforce all rules as stated herein and to disqualify
any tractor for violations
or unsafe conditions. All
decisions are final.
24. Stabilizer bars or wheelie bars are
optional, not required.
25. RPMs 3600 w/ Governor Control may be
checked at anytime.
26. Wheels and rims-not cut, widen,
oversized or handmade.
27. No welded rears or gear train if tractor
was mfg. with lock rear ok.